Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Rochester International Children's Film Festival Online
PLEASE NOTE: This event is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Greenburgh library. Any registration required will be made with the third party host. Should you need assistance registering for or participating in this event, please contact the hosting organization.
For four weeks, the Rochester International Children's Film Festival will once again be virtually offering the very best of children’s shorts from around the world -- thoughtfully curated to reflect gentle social themes (diversity, kindness, sharing, etc.), as well as to celebrate artistry, music and other wonderful things!
The Rochester Film Festival will offer one short film a day, along with media and literacy suggestions including vocabulary, discussion questions, books, songs, movement, and art activities. In other words, a fun and stimulating way to spend quality learning and art time with your children!
WHEN IS THE FESTIVAL?
- The festival runs for 1 month, starting Monday, April 12 and ending Sunday, May 9.
- A new film will be available each Monday-Friday, starting at 7 am
- All 5 films from the previous week will be available on the weekends, starting Saturday at 7 am
HOW DO I ACCESS THE FESTIVAL?
- Starting on Monday, April 12: ○ Go the the festival website at: www.kidsfestroc.org and click on the FILMS BUTTON
- A short form will appear; just quickly fill out and follow the directions to get to the film!
- Be sure to “like” us on Facebook, where daily posts about the film will appear!
ABOUT THE FILMS
- All films have been chosen by a veteran film programmer with over 20 years of experience, and approved/vetted by a committee of educators, librarians, administrators and childcare professionals
- Films are appropriate for preschool children on up, but have been well-loved by adults as well over the years (some adults come to our screenings by themselves!)
- Our films come from countries around the world such as Russia, Lebanon, and Jamaica!
- A few of our films have been made by kids!
- Our festival is part of the MONTH OF THE YOUNG CHILD, sponsored by our collaborators at the Rochester Chapter of the NYAEYC (New York Assn. for the Education of Young Children)
- Our first week of films will coincide with the NAEYC (National AEYC) “Week of the Young Child” celebration. Each film has been chosen to match NAEYC’s chosen themes of: Music Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Work Together Wednesday, Artsy Thursday, and Family Friday.
For more information and to watch the Rochester International Children’s Film Festival, please visit: www.kidsfestroc.org